Monday, October 13, 2008
Reasons why I chose the xylophone
Hmmm. Some of the reasons why I chose the Xylophone is because I'm in mallet percussion for the Vallejo High School Band, and mallet percussion is the only main instruments I play. Id say its one of the easiest instruments to put together, but at the same time, must be done with precise detail in order to have the correct balance on each key. Like for example, the keys must be placed on to the stand evenly in order to have a good sound. Other things like, if ure cutting boards for the keys, make sure you dont cut the next key too short or else, itll be uneven of a sound to have going up the xylophone & a waste of a perfectly good board. I also chose the xylo because it will bring out the main melody of our songs that we are going to perform at the competition. Well, thats some of the reasons why i chose the xylophone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
great choice for our band janevie! and smart choice to make something you definitely know how to play already, hope to see you instrument in the future and good luck on its production!
-Val Joseph
Post a Comment